British Airways Operational Assessment Flights complete
The arrival back at Heathrow of Concorde G-BOAE (Alpha Echo) on Friday Nov 2nd at 14:11 signalled the end of the operational assessment flight phase of BA's return to service programme.
In all 5 passenger flights were carried out using 2 different aircraft.
- BA 9010 C - Sept 11th 2001 - Bay of Biscay circuit
- BA 9010 C - Oct 5th 2001 - Bay of Biscay circuit
- BA 9093 C - Oct 22nd 2001 - Outward flight to New York
- BA 9094 C - Oct 22nd 2001 - Return flight from New York
- BA 9010 C - Nov 2nd 2001 - Bay of Biscay circuit.
This series of flights have paved the way for the recommencement of passenger services to take place on the 7th on November and also the chartering of Concorde by British Prime Minister Tony Blair for a day trip to Washington DC - A trip being dubbed by many as Blair Force One
GO BACK TO ARCHIVE INDEX